CE Credits for Behavior Change Training, Part 1
Presenter(s): Judson Brewer, MD, PhD; Robin Boudette, PhD; Jacqui Barnett
CE/CPE Credit: Up to 28 credit hours.
Psychology (Nationwide - APA Approved Sponsor)
Registered Dietitian (Nationwide - CDR Approved Sponsor)
Approved for the follow professions in these states: Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Washington
Marriage & Family Therapy
***Please check with your local board to see if they will accept APA approved sponsor classes and/or board qualifications from another State Board.
Learning Level: Advanced
Combination of Live Online and Home Study Workshops: Series. This purchase is only for the CE portion of the program. Please contact MindSciences, Inc. to register for the actual program.
* indicates a required field
This is part one of a 2-part training program that will qualify the practitioner to facilitate the Craving to Quit ®, Eat Right Now® and Unwinding Anxiety® programs. Part 1 is an 8-week practicum that is composed of:
- a home-study component, where practitioners follow and communicate with participants in the online community, supervised by an experienced facilitator trainer (one hour weekly),
- a live online component where practitioners observe how to apply the principles of mindfulness and operant conditioning by experienced facilitator trainers at the weekly web group meetings. In these meetings, practitioners become “participant observers”, who will also evaluate the trainers as to their adherence to the Mindfulness-Based Intervention Teacher Assessment Criteria (MBI-TAC) (one hour weekly),
- A live online supervisory component where practitioners discuss their observations and insights in the weekly supervision meetings that immediately follow the web group meetings (1.5 hours weekly).
- Communicate with online community members, utilizing mindfulness skills and knowledge of operant conditioning.
- Investigate how mindfulness skills and knowledge of operant conditioning are implemented with group participants by experienced facilitator trainers in weekly online web group.
- Evaluate trainer adherence to principles of the Mindfulness-Based Intervention Teacher Assessment Criteria (MBI-TAC) in weekly online web group.
- Discuss observations/insights of weekly online group in a supervisory group setting.