CE Credits for Behavior Change Training, Step 2
Presenter(s): Judson Brewer, MD, PhD; Robin Boudette, PhD; Jacqui Barnett
CE/CPE Credit: Up to 20 credit hours.
Psychology (Nationwide - APA Approved Sponsor)
Registered Dietitian (Nationwide - CDR Approved Sponsor)
Approved for the follow professions in these states: Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Washington
Marriage & Family Therapy
***Please check with your local board to see if they will accept APA approved sponsor classes and/or board qualifications from another State Board.
Learning Level: Advanced
Combination of Live Online and Home Study Workshops: Series. This purchase is only for the CE portion of the program. Please contact MindSciences, Inc. to register for the actual program.
* indicates a required field
This is part two of a 2-part training program that will qualify the practitioner to facilitate the Craving to Quit ®, Eat Right Now® and Unwinding Anxiety® programs. Part 2 is an 8-week practicum that is composed of:
- a one-hour live online component where practitioners observe how to apply the principles of mindfulness and operant conditioning by experienced facilitator trainers at the weekly web group meetings. In these meetings, practitioners become “participant observers”, who will also evaluate the trainers as to their adherence to the Mindfulness-Based Intervention Teacher Assessment Criteria (MBI-TAC). This is followed by a one-hour live online supervisory component where practitioners discuss their observations and insights in the weekly supervision meetings that immediately follow the web group meetings (one hour weekly). Total of 16 hours.
- A one-hour live class for 8 weeks in which the practitioner Facilitates their own individual or group session (8 hours)
- A Review of two (individual or group) sessions of your training partner, and two of your own (individual or group) sessions using MBI-TAC (4 hours)
a. WEEKLY LIVE-ONLINE MEETINGS
- Investigate how mindfulness skills and knowledge of operant conditioning are implemented with group participants by experienced facilitator trainers in weekly online web group.
- Evaluate trainer adherence to principles of the Mindfulness-Based Intervention Teacher Assessment Criteria (MBI-TAC) in weekly online web group.
- Discuss observations/insights of weekly online web group in a supervisory group setting.
b. 8-WEEK HOURLY INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP FACILITATION
- Lead a brief mindfulness meditation practice
- Introduce “flipped classroom” model
- Describe issues of confidentiality
- Review of the gears
- Take agenda items
- Review agenda items, practicing mindful inquiry
- Lead a short experiential exercise (e.g. LKM)
- Lead a short meditation practice, possibly setting an aspiration for the week to build on practice.
c. REVIEW OF PEER AND INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP FACILITATION
- List teaching strengths of peer in each domain of MBI-TAC
- List learning needs of peer in each domain of MBI-TAC
- List teaching strengths of self in each domain of MBI-TAC
- List learning needs of self in each domain of MBI-TAC